Diabetes is a leading cause of premature mortality, with over 22,000 additional deaths each year. It doubles an individual’s risk of cardiovascular disease and costs over £10 billion every year to manage.
The HSJ Diabetes Forum will bring together the entire diabetes community – including senior national and regional figures, clinicians, managers and patient advocates – to share practical solutions to achieving national priorities, including: type 2 prevention, improving access to diabetes professionals, enhancing supported self management, exploring further the opportunities for remission and increasing use of digital to improve care.
- Gain new and different insights – you will have the opportunity to hear practical and innovative solutions to current challenges and look forward to some of the most exciting and ground-breaking work in the sector
- Leave with inspiration to develop your own services – you will gain guidance from national and local teams on their trailblazing projects and how they overcame challenges to succeed.
- Network with and learn from national leaders, senior managers and clinicians – you will be able to share challenges and discuss ideas in small group settings
Who should attend?
- Representatives from ICS/STPs, CCGs and PCNs
- Representatives from from ALBs eg NHS England and NHS Improvement and Public Health England
- Consultants, clinical directors, specialist nurses and pharmacists
- GPs, community nurses, practice nurses, community pharmacists
- Local authority, public health consultants/ specialists
Keep me updated